By Kevin Deutsch
A 40-year-old Parkland woman was found fatally shot in a car in Coral Springs Thursday afternoon, police said.
Sara Trost was identified as the homicide victim, according to Coral Springs Police, who said they had taken one person into custody in connection with her killing.
Their investigation began at 12:33 p.m. Thursday when they received a 911 call about a shooting in the area of 5700 NW 48th Ct.
When officers arrived on the scene, they discovered a vehicle with one female occupant, Trost, in the driver’s seat suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, police said.
Despite immediate medical treatment, she succumbed to her injuries on scene and was pronounced dead, according to police,
Coral Springs Police Department detectives conducted an immediate investigation and took a single person into custody in connection with the shooting, police said. They did not publicly identify them. Charges against the person were pending.
At this time, no additional suspects are being sought, nor is there a threat to the community, police said Thursday.
The department’s Crimes Against Persons Unit (CAPS) are actively investigating the killing and encourages anyone with information regarding the shooting to contact Detective Brian Koenig at 954-346-1229 or BKoenig@coralsprings.org.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.01.22Broward County Teachers, Classroom Assistants Get Pay Raises
- Crime & Safety2022.01.21Coral Springs Police Find Fentanyl-Laced Cocaine During Traffic stop
- Events2022.01.20Coral Springs Resident to Compete in Miss Florida Pageant
- Crime & Safety2022.01.20“Sorry But I Have To Do This”: Armed Robber Rips Off Coral Springs Vape Shop