By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in school history, Coral Springs Charter had a pair of tennis players win States on April 29 after Juhnyee See won the 2A States Singles Championship and also picked up a win in doubles with her partner Madisen Clark.
“It has been such an honor to guide these players through their careers, and I look forward to their continued successes as players and students,” said Head Coach Melissa Shank. “Both Madisen and Juhnyee are talented athletes and intelligent students, exemplifying the values of Coral Springs Charter.”
For See, she went 7-0 in the postseason after winning Districts and finished the season off 13-3. Coach Shank says her agility, court vision, patience, and soft touch bring her closer to achieving her goal of being a force on the court in every match.
The duo also went 7-0 with a District Championship in doubles with Clark. They also won 15 of 16 matches. Their success came from Clark’s ability to play strong from the baseline, while See is great at the net.
“We are so proud of ourselves that we worked together to win,” said See. “It was nice to see all the hard work and dedication that we put in all season. We couldn’t have done it without the support of our families, CSCS admin, and most importantly,” Coach Shank.”
Both players will have two more years left on the varsity team when they compete next season as juniors.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter