By Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs and Parkland announced on Monday that Assistant Medical Director, Dr. Paul Pepe, was named EMS Medical Director of the Year by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT).
For the past five years, Dr. Pepe has served as the Assistant Medical Director for numerous EMS agencies in Texas and Florida. He is also the global coordinator of the Metropolitan EMS Medical Directors “Eagles” Global Alliance, a coalition that impacts 137 million people throughout the world.
Chief Michael McNally said Dr. Pepe has been instrumental in guiding the department into EMS’s future.
“Our Medical Director team, led by Dr. Peter Antevy, is made up of several individuals who bring their talents together from their experiences across our country to improve the treatment of patients we serve. This award showcases how the excellence of those directing our EMS protocols.”
Well-known for his hundreds of groundbreaking research publications in critical care, cardiac arrest, and EMS systems, Dr. Pepe is recognized for his tireless efforts over four decades in terms of advocating for patients, advancing science in EMS, creating educational innovations and also for consistently supporting the EMS practitioners he has supervised and worked alongside.
“Dr. Pepe has been instrumental in directing the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department’s safety protocols,” said Coral Springs City Manager Frank Babinec. “This contributes to our success in treating and saving patients. This recognition is a testament to his commitment to critical care and the advancement of life-saving response. This is a well-deserved distinction by Dr. Pepe’s peers.”
Parkland City Manager Nancy Morando said, “We’re proud of Dr. Pepe for earning this prestigious award, but we’re even more grateful for his commitment to keeping Parkland safe. It’s rare to have the combination of an unwavering passion for your work and an elite skill set that enables you to perform your duties at the highest level—Dr. Pepe does exactly that. We’re lucky to have him, and our residents are safer because of him.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts