By Ryan Yousefi
A former BJ’s Wholesale Club employee faces felony grand theft charges after management discovered his involvement in embezzling funds from lottery ticket sales.
On August 2, the Coral Springs Police Department responded to the BJ’s Wholesale Warehouse located at 620 Riverside Drive in response to store management’s discovery of an ongoing theft by one of its cashiers.
According to the arrest report, the employee, later identified as Tristan Polynice, 25, of Tamarac, was found by the store’s loss prevention team to have stolen at least $2,575 from the store, the majority believed to have been cash pocketed from lottery sales.
The incident came to light when staff noticed a pattern of cash shortages in the store’s cash drawer during Polynice’s shifts.
According to the internal investigation, Polynice, while in control of the cash drawer, intentionally failed to ring up lottery scratch-off tickets and customer cash purchases.
The store claims Polynice is believed to have stolen between $200-$500 during shifts he worked from June 27 to July 29.
The theft incidents were captured on surveillance cameras, with specific dates and amounts of each incident recorded.
Upon discovering the loss pattern, the store terminated Polynice’s employment and informed CSPD of Polynice’s involvement in the theft scheme.
During questioning, Polynice admitted to his involvement in the theft scheme and confessed to being responsible for the cash drawer losses.
Polynice was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 7, 2023Following Road Rage Incident, Victim Endures Two Weeks of Intimidation and Over 62,000 Robocalls from Aggressor
- EventsDecember 7, 2023Shop on a Budget at the Seized Asset Auction on December 10
- EventsDecember 5, 202311th Annual ‘Light Up The Night’ Holiday Celebration Held on December 7
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft