By: Sharon Aron Baron
Players with the Parkland Little League visited one of their teammates on Saturday at Broward Health Medical Center while he recovers from a car crash that killed his mother.
Michael Weiner, 11, survived a crash that took the life of his mother Chrstianne, a fourth grade teacher at Coral Springs Elementary School last Tuesday. Both were in her vehicle when a stolen car, driven by Eric Abraham, 17, ran a red light, crashing into them near Sample Road. Weiner was transported to Broward Health North where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
In a statement on Facebook, the team spokesperson wrote: “So proud and humbled to see our 2016 World Series players visit Michael and wish him to a speedy recovery from his injuries. The players presented him with a signed baseball bat and other team apparel. Michael was all smiles and his father Mark expressed how truly blessed they feel from all the support of the community.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration