By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman who was killed in Coral Springs on Tuesday morning by a stolen vehicle was a fourth grade teacher at Coral Springs Elementary School according to Broward County Public Schools.
Christianne Weiner, 53, was killed after being hit by Eric Abraham, 17, who was speeding eastbound on W. Sample Road in Coral Springs in a stolen Toyota Corolla, when patrol officers attempted to stop him after license plate recognition cameras alerted police of a stolen license plate. He an the red light at the intersection of NW 101st Avenue, when he hit Weiner who was traveling northbound on NW 101st Avenue with a solid green light.
Weiner was transported to Broward Health North where she was pronounced dead a short time later. Also in her vehicle was her son, 11, who was airlifted to Broward General Medical Center, with non life threatening injuries.
According to Lori Krans, Director of Marketing & Communications at Broward County Public Schools, they will be actively helping students cope with the loss of their teacher.
“When school returns from winter break, there will be crisis counselors available to help through this transition,” she said.
The driver of the vehicle is being charged with vehicular homicide; four counts of aggravated fleeing and eluding causing serious bodily injury or death; four counts of reckless driving causing serious bodily injury or death; four counts of driving without a license causing serious bodily injury or death; and possession of a stolen vehicle.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.10.27Bites-N-Sips Returns to Coral Springs on Nov. 5
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs