By: Sharon Aron Baron
On October 9, parents and students have a chance to ask their school board member questions related to Broward County Public Schools in their upcoming Conversation with the District events. This is just one in a series of town hall-style meetings aimed at gaining input and feedback the community.
Held at Coral Springs High School, parents and students will have a chance to ask questions about Broward Schools to School Board Member Abby Freedman, who represents Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and parts of Margate and North Lauderdale.
The Conversation with the District initiative is a follow-up to the 2011 Superintendent’s Listening Tour, during which the District gained valuable about issues facing BCPS and the educational priorities of the community. The perspectives, experiences and opinions gained throughout the listening tour sessions and the first Ed Talk public forum, became the foundation for the District’s Three-Year Strategic Plan.
The public is invited to take part in the Conversation with the District events. Registration begins at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 6:30 p.m at Coral Springs High School located at 7201 W Sample Road.
To submit a question, please go to: browardschools.com/Web/info/conversationwithdistrict
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’