By: Sharon Aron Baron
On October 9, parents and students have a chance to ask their school board member questions related to Broward County Public Schools in their upcoming Conversation with the District events. This is just one in a series of town hall-style meetings aimed at gaining input and feedback the community.
Held at Coral Springs High School, parents and students will have a chance to ask questions about Broward Schools to School Board Member Abby Freedman, who represents Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and parts of Margate and North Lauderdale.
The Conversation with the District initiative is a follow-up to the 2011 Superintendent’s Listening Tour, during which the District gained valuable about issues facing BCPS and the educational priorities of the community. The perspectives, experiences and opinions gained throughout the listening tour sessions and the first Ed Talk public forum, became the foundation for the District’s Three-Year Strategic Plan.
The public is invited to take part in the Conversation with the District events. Registration begins at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 6:30 p.m at Coral Springs High School located at 7201 W Sample Road.
To submit a question, please go to: browardschools.com/Web/info/conversationwithdistrict
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home