Pre-covid Camp Wild
By: Jen Russon
‘Camp Wild,’ an educational and childcare staple among the Sawgrass Nature Center offerings in Coral Springs, is on the lookout for counselors and counselors in training.
The upcoming ‘Camp Wild’ takes place, March 22 through March 26, and keeps campers engaged in nature and hands-on science activities from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
“We successfully hosted safe summer, fall, and winter break camps prior to this. We take safety very seriously here and thus have strict safety regulations in place,” said Shelbey Rogers.
Rogers is the environmental education coordinator at Sawgrass Nature Center, which includes a wildlife hospital. She said the Spring Break session at her facility should be a way for campers and counselors alike to cool off in the warmer days ahead.
“We came up with ‘Water Wednesdays’ last summer as a way to cool everyone down and let them partake in the fun, even with their masks on,” said Rogers.
Rogers said the campers could also expect some amazing animal interactions during ‘Camp Wild’ this Spring. If helping children learn more about nature sounds like something older kids are interested in, email her immediately regarding counselor opportunities.
Counselors are in 7th – 12th grade, with slots disappearing fast, according to Rogers.
Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital is located at 3000 Sportplex Drive. in Coral Springs. For registration information and forms for Camp Wild campers and counselors, click here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- NewsApril 27, 2022First Presbyterian Church Welcomes 5th Senior Pastor, Dr. David Barry
- NewsApril 26, 2022Coral Springs Charter Baseball Player Knocks Another One Out of the Park with ‘Promposal’
- EventsApril 26, 2022Mother’s Day ‘Sip and Stroll’ Comes to Coral Springs May 1
- EventsApril 21, 2022Coral Springs Improvement District Offering Food and Fun at Open House, April 30