By: Matt Rothman
After their tremendous run to win a District Championship with their victories over Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Monarch High School, the Jaguars are set to play at home in Regionals on Wednesday, February 12, at 6 p.m.
The season did not start well for (3) Coral Glades, but they picked it up late and won their first district title in school history, going 8-6-2 on the season.
They will be facing (6) Spanish River High School who has had a terrific season, but fell in the District Championship 1-0 to Boca Raton High School after beating Park Vista High School 1-0 in double overtime in the semifinals.
The winner of this game will have the chance to play in the Regional semifinals on Friday, February 15 versus either (2) Central or (7) Centennial High School at 6 p.m.
Head Coach Robens Decius hopes the break they had since their district game will allow his team to compete at a high level after a busy schedule late in the year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.28Coral Glades Football Advances to Playoffs for the First Time in School History
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick
- News2020.11.255 Taravella High School Bowlers Roll a Successful Season
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs Charter Bowling Has Another Terrific Season