By: Matt Rothman
After their tremendous run to win a District Championship with their victories over Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Monarch High School, the Jaguars are set to play at home in Regionals on Wednesday, February 12, at 6 p.m.
The season did not start well for (3) Coral Glades, but they picked it up late and won their first district title in school history, going 8-6-2 on the season.
They will be facing (6) Spanish River High School who has had a terrific season, but fell in the District Championship 1-0 to Boca Raton High School after beating Park Vista High School 1-0 in double overtime in the semifinals.
The winner of this game will have the chance to play in the Regional semifinals on Friday, February 15 versus either (2) Central or (7) Centennial High School at 6 p.m.
Head Coach Robens Decius hopes the break they had since their district game will allow his team to compete at a high level after a busy schedule late in the year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Matt worked as the assistant sports editor for his school paper, eaglenews.com in college becoming just one of nine students in his graduating class to serve over 1,000 community service hours. His goal is to travel to every Major League Baseball stadium and has been to multiple US Open finals. He hopes to one day to be a beat writer for a professional team.
- Schools2020.02.26J.P Taravella Basketball Makes History Playing in First Regional Semifinals Game
- News2020.02.25Coral Springs High School Baseball Throw No-Hitter in Win over Hollywood Hills
- News2020.02.25Coral Glades Boy’s Volleyball Begin Season with Win
- News2020.02.25Coral Glades Boy’s Tennis Win Second Match of the Season