By: Matt Rothman
For the second straight season, the Coral Glades Cheerleading Team won the 2020 BCAA Cheerleading District Title in the Extra-Large Non-Tumbling Division on Saturday.
Coral Glades competed against Northeast and Stranahan High and finished in first place. While high school cheerleading competes in many different divisions, Coral Glades competes in non-tumbling, which is primarily stunts. The team is also limited to just two practices a week for a total of four hours.
Coaching the team in her second season after serving as the booster treasurer for seven years is Alison Madej. Her daughter Elizabeth is on the team hoping to become one of six other competitors to win a fourth-straight state championship along with Kaylee Marr, Victoria Rocha, Lauren Bradley, Chelsea Ramu, Andrea Rega, and Anabel Stewart.
In total, they have 30 girls on the team but have six other cheerleaders. Competing for their second and third state championship is Jilian Singpradith, Maia Calero, Jasmine Nachum, Kennedy Rosenberg, Stephanie Miller, and Gael-Lynn Laguerre.
“I am so proud of my girls for going out and executing their routine on Saturday to win another BCAA District win and cannot wait to see them perform their hearts out at Regionals and States,” said Coach Madej.”
They will prepare for regionals in Coral Springs at Coral Glades High School, with 40 teams coming in on Friday, Jan. 24, at 4 p.m. The Jaguars hope to make it to Gainesville on Friday, Jan. 31, for the State Championship.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick
- News2020.11.255 Taravella High School Bowlers Roll a Successful Season
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs Charter Bowling Has Another Terrific Season
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs High School Bowling Among Best in State