Video courtesy Dr. Mark Kaplan
By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades football continues to dominate the city of Coral Springs after their latest win over Coral Springs Charter Friday night.
The Jaguars have now won games against Coral Springs High School, Coral Springs Charter, and J.P. Taravella by a combined score of 142-27.
Dating back to 2020, the Jaguars have won five straight games against local schools and improved their record to 6-1, which continues their best start to a season in school history.
“That’s two years in a row we handled business against the teams in the city,” said Head Coach Cam Thomas. “It’s a great feeling, and we happen to be the kings of the city.”
Quarterback Dylan Knaebel threw for five touchdowns and also added a rushing score from a yard out. Joshua Guerin caught three of the passes for points while Kyle Williamson and Joshua Pena each had one.
Later in the game, Christian Garnett came in and added passing touchdowns to Taylor Montgomery and Pena. Jojo Rispoli also rushed for touchdowns as the Jaguars put up a school-record 62 points.
Up next, Coral Glades will play their final regular-season game of the regular season on Friday, November 5, against Marjory Stoneman Douglas at 7 p.m. The Eagles are coming off a win against Coral Springs High School and have won all eight head-to-head meetings between the two schools.
CSC will complete their game against Somerset Academy on Monday, November 1, at 3:30 p.m. . The game was suspended due to darkness, with the teams tied at 34.
Following that, they will play North Broward Preparatory School in their final regular-season game on Thursday, November 4 at 6 p.m. North Broward is 2-6 this season and is coming off a loss in their last game on Friday against LaSalle High School in Miami.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses