By: Matt Rothman
Jaden Wilson becomes the latest Coral Glades varsity football player to commit to playing in college.
The senior is set to play at Lane College in Tennessee after graduating this spring.
“To know that I’m going to play football at the collegiate level is a blessing because it’s something I hoped to do when I first started playing football,” said Wilson.
— Jaden Wilson (@jaden_w_13) April 17, 2022
Wilson played on the varsity football team for four years and helped the Jaguars make the postseason for the first time in school history. He recorded 36 tackles, one interception, and one fumble recovery in 16 games.
“Jaden is a great leader and player,” said Head Coach Cam Thomas. “I can’t wait to see what the next level has for him. He’ll definitely be missed.”
Wilson knew that he wanted to play at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU). After visiting Lane College, he felt right at home, despite being 1,000 miles away from his hometown.
Wilson is extremely thankful for his parents, Sonya, Aj, and Tracy, and his coaching staff, featuring Coach Thomas and all of the teammates he played with during his four years at Coral Glades.
Next, Wilson will become the first member of his family to play in college and join a school that had a strong year in 2021, going 6-4. It was the first time the team had a winning record since 2013.
Send Your news to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter