By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades football team earned its first win of the season in the Jason G. Stein Swamp Bowl on Thursday night with a 17-8 victory over J.P. Taravella.
This was also Rocco Casullo’s first win as Head Coach of the Jaguars. It is also the fourth straight season that the Jaguars have won this game, which honors the late Jason Stein, the former Athletic Director of J.P. Taravella.
Mason Hall, who transferred to Coral Glades from Monarch High School, debuted with the Jaguars. He ranks in the top 50 for the 2027 class, while Corey Grant moved to running back and scored two touchdowns with nearly 200 all-purpose yards. Darius Edwards also added a field goal, while on defense, Coral Glades blocked a punt field, goal and had three interceptions.
“My staff and I are very happy for the seniors,” Head Coach Rocco Casullo said. “They continue to work hard every week, and we are extremely excited about our young talent for the future.”
Coral Glades is now 1-6 this year and will play Stranahan High School in their next game on Thursday, October 19, at 7 p.m. The Mighty Dragons are 3-3 this year with wins over Deerfield Beach, Boyd H. Anderson, and Hallandale High School. They also won 21-0 in their only meeting in 2022.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year