By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter boys and girls tennis continued their strong start to the season with a win over Cardinal Gibbons High School on Monday.
The boys moved to 5-6 this year with their win. Christian Silva, Gautam Arun, and Santiago Garcia Castillo all picked up wins in singles. In contrast, the doubles teams of Christian Silva and Gautam Arun, Santiago Garcia Castillo, and Baylee Effendi picked up wins.
CSC has now played 50 matches this year and won 22. They defeated Don Soffer Aventura, American heritage, and Pompano Beach High School.
The girls team moved to 6-5, with former State Champions Juhnyee See and Madisen Clark recording wins in singles. See, Melissa Buber won their doubles match, along with Madisen Clark and Brooke Clark.
The Panthers have won 22 matches this year and previously picked up wins against Don Soffer Aventura, American Heritage, Pompano Beach, and NSU University.
“These kids are fighting really hard to be great students and then great athletes,” said Head Coach Melissa Shank. “The overall record doesn’t show how much our juniors really help the entire team. The boys and girls fight for every point.”
Next, CSC will be off for spring break and will be in action on March 27th at 3:30 p.m. against Coral Springs High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coral Springs High School Girls Lacrosse Win 1st Game Since 2021 on Senior Night
- News2023.03.196 Coral Springs Track and Field Athletes Win BCAA Championships
- News2023.03.18Coral Springs Charter Boys and Girls Tennis Defeat Cardinal Gibbons
- News2023.03.17Coral Springs High School Varsity Baseball Wins 4th Game; JV Team Records 3rd Win