By: Matt Rothman
For only the second time in school history, the Coral Springs Charter football team has advanced to the playoffs.
The Panthers only played three games but made the most of their one victory in a dominant performance against Cypress Bay, where they won 42-28. However, they fell short in their opening game of the year and the last matchup against Pembroke Pines Charter.
Head Coach Matt Garris is excited to continue this season and is thankful for many different people.
“Every time a team achieves a milestone, even if it’s just making the playoffs, it’s a major tribute to the players, coaches, families, and administration’s commitment to our program.”
The Panthers haven’t had any trouble this year offensively as they have registered 83 points in three games.
Quarterback Brett Straus continues to put up great numbers as he threw for 280 yards on 29 completions and used his legs for 180 more yards and three rushing touchdowns.
Running back Terrell Taylor, though, ran for over 500 yards in three games. He scored a team-high six touchdowns.
At wide receiver, Mason Phillips led the team with nine catches for 95 yards, and Jani Weir had eight for 92 yards and a touchdown.
CSC plays Hallandale High School on Friday, December 7, with kickoff scheduled for 7 p.m.
Hallandale High School comes in with a record of 2-1 and had wins over Piper and South Broward before losing by three to Boyd Anderson. The Chargers have not been as sharp as the Panthers this year offensively as they haven’t scored more than 14 points in any game. However, they have allowed only 22 points in their three games.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.283 Coral Springs Baseball Players 4A State Champions For North Broward Prep
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final