By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter football team pulled off one of their biggest wins in school history Friday night, in a 42-28 victory over Cypress Bay High School.
It has been a strange start to the season as CSC had not played a game since October 30 when they fell to Coral Glades High School. They had multiple games canceled but came out sharp on the road with a strong overall team win.
For Head Coach Matt Garris, he loved how his team played against the state’s largest high school.
“We had a lot of guys rotating as we had many guys cramping up,” Garris said. “Obviously not getting to play Pompano Beach last week and not knowing who we were going to play until Monday shows a lot about this team’s character to change and refocus.”
Both quarterback Brett Straus and running back Terrell Taylor had big games scoring touchdowns. Mason Phillips had a long kick return for a score, and Garris was really impressed with sophomore Jani Weir at wide receiver.
Up next, the Panthers will play at home against Pembroke Pines Charter for senior night on Friday, November 20, at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.22J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Hosts Senior Night on Thursday
- News2022.01.22Seniors Lead J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer into the Playoffs
- News2022.01.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick
- News2022.01.20Jeremiah Denis Goes 8-0 for Coral Springs High School Wrestling