By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter football team pulled off one of their biggest wins in school history Friday night, in a 42-28 victory over Cypress Bay High School.
It has been a strange start to the season as CSC had not played a game since October 30 when they fell to Coral Glades High School. They had multiple games canceled but came out sharp on the road with a strong overall team win.
For Head Coach Matt Garris, he loved how his team played against the state’s largest high school.
“We had a lot of guys rotating as we had many guys cramping up,” Garris said. “Obviously not getting to play Pompano Beach last week and not knowing who we were going to play until Monday shows a lot about this team’s character to change and refocus.”
Both quarterback Brett Straus and running back Terrell Taylor had big games scoring touchdowns. Mason Phillips had a long kick return for a score, and Garris was really impressed with sophomore Jani Weir at wide receiver.
Up next, the Panthers will play at home against Pembroke Pines Charter for senior night on Friday, November 20, at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.07Freshmen Star Kate Maston Earns 1st Win in Coral Springs Charter Baseball Debut
- News2021.03.07Water Polo Teams at Coral Springs High School Have Terrific Seasons So Far
- News2021.03.07Coral Springs High School Boys Volleyball Win Opening 2 Matches of Season
- News2021.03.06Coral Springs Charter’s Terrell Taylor Posts Historic Wrestling Season at States