By: Matt Rothman
The long trip to Key West paid off. The Coral Springs Charter Softball team won the regional finals with a 10-4 win over the Key West Conchs.
It is the fifth straight season the Panthers have won a regional and advanced to the state championship where they have won the last four state titles.
The Panthers jumped out to an early 5-0 lead before the Conchs brought it back to one in the fifth inning. CSC went on to score the next five runs to earn their 27th victory of the season.
Offensively, the Panthers were led by Sara Berthiaume, Lindsey Garcia, and Shannon Doherty, who had seven of the teams 16 hits and all scored three runs. Doherty also had three RBI’s and Cassidy Crump led the team with four.
Brianna Godfrey was on the mound and earned her 14th win of the season after pitching a complete game allowing two earned runs and struck out seven. Her ERA remains less than a run per game.
Up next: CSC will be facing Hernando High School in the final four of the state championship. Hernando recently beat Santa Fe High School 1-0 scoring their lone run in the seventh inning. Hernando has a record of 27-3 with a perfect 12-0 record in district. The game is scheduled for 9:50 a.m. on May 23, in Vero Beach.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.09Dufresne and Aldajuste Place in Track and Field at States
- News2021.05.08Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Player Drafted by Chicago Bears
- News2021.05.08J.P. Taravella Baseball Wins in Regional Quarterfinals
- News2021.05.07Coral Springs Charter Baseball Pulls Out Stunning Win in Extra Innings to Win 1st Regional Game