By: Matt Rothman
Stewart wanted to play college football and said its the greatest feeling knowing that he had reached his goal.
“I met with Coach Peloquin in March, and I really liked what he had to say about the team culture,” said Stewart. “Then, when I went up to watch a game and saw that culture in action, I knew it was the right fit, and it felt like home. They are building something great. Coach Karlson has been great throughout the recruiting process and really made me feel like I’d be an asset at Worcester State.”
Stewart started flag football when he was five. He played for the Coral Springs flag football for seven years, Coral Spring Chargers for one year, and Coral Springs Charter for six years. He has played three years on the varsity football team, starting under Coach Matt Garris before competing for Chris Haire as a junior and senior. During those three years, CSC won 11 games.
“His commitment and leadership stood out,” Haire said. “Zach did everything we asked him to do and was a big part of our Panther football family. I am so proud of him, and it’s great to see all his hard work pay off. “
This past season, Worcester State University went 1-8. They had their only victory against Fitchburg State and have not had a winning season since 2017, when they finished 6-4. Before playing next year, Stewart plans on working on his speed and agility to get into the best shape possible for next season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs High School Girls Basketball Wins District Championship; Boys Team Hosts on Senior Night
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- News2023.02.01CSC Girls Basketball Advances in Playoffs; Boys Team Hosts Senior Night
- News2023.01.294 Teams From Coral Springs Compete in BCAA Wrestling Tournament