The City Commission recognized 14 deserving high school seniors who were awarded Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarships for their freshman year in college. With the generous assistance of the Coral Springs Community Chest as the major donor, the Coral Springs Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee was able to match their contribution, as well as supplement the Scholarship fund further by donations from various individuals and businesses in the community. The students were selected on the basis of financial need and quality of community involvement and were interviewed by a panel made up of representatives of the Community Chest and Martin L. King, Jr. Committee.
The recipients of the MLK Scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year are: Sherbin Shaji, Jeeva Francis, Kristine Chen, Devonne Rahming, Alvaro Campuzano, Kruti Patel, Yarah Joseph, Alexander Dokuchaev, Tyler Smith, Matthew Sullivan, Ronen Wolf, Daniel King, Malcolm Hannah and Melissa Volcy.
High School seniors who are residents of Coral Springs and attend Coral Glades High, Coral Springs Charter School, Coral Springs High, Stoneman Douglas High and J.P. Taravella High are eligible to apply for this scholarship for the 2014/15 school year. Applications can be obtained in the Fall from the Brace Advisors at each school or from the City’s website at CoralSprings.org/mlk.
For further information or to donate towards this worthy cause, call Joyce Campos at 954-344-1005.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Hopes for a Little Holiday Magic with Home Decor Contest
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Holds Virtual Tree-Lighting Ceremony