By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Coral Springs Talk has resumed providing updates on data from the Florida Department of Health.
Unfortunately, fall has brought with it some bad news; COVID-19 cases are setting record highs all around the country. The data in Broward County is trending upward towards the numbers Floridians grew accustomed to seeing during the first wave of infections.
According to the Florida Department of Health, as of November 16, there have been 4,485 positive COVID-19 cases in Coral Springs. That’s an increase of 192 positive cases since we last updated readers on the data on Thursday, November 12.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 889,864 positive COVID-19 cases to date.
There were 62,733 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on November 15, with 4,531 coming back positive. Over the last two weeks, positivity rates have grown steadily from 6.01-percent on October 28 to 9.54-percent on November 15.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on November 15 was 41-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 17,559 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19, with 52,019 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 19,715
Pompano Beach 9,937
Coral Springs, 4,485
Deerfield Beach 2,657
Coconut Creek 1,941
North Lauderdale 1,663
Oakland Park 1,384
Pembroke Pines 1,350
Cooper City 863
Lauderdale Lakes 440
Wilton Manors 403
Southwest Ranches 307
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & Safety2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.03.26COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26: Coral Springs Crosses 12,000 Case Threshold
- News2021.03.24Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24
- News2021.03.22Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 22