By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Friday, Coral Springs Police detectives arrested and charged a dance instructor from Dance Effect Studio in Coral Springs, after an eight month investigation into a sexual relationship she was having with a minor.
On January 28, 2013, Coral Springs Special Victim’s Unit detectives took a sworn statement from the victim, who is 15 years of age that he had been involved in a sexual relationship with the defendant Jennifer Efre Deberry, 30, of Coral Springs since he was 13 years old.
The victim stated he met Deberry at the Dance Effect Studio, and they began a sexual relationship around September of 2012 that lasted through January of 2013. Detectives obtained 117 pages of text messages between Deberry and the victim detailing their sexual relationship.
Deberry was arrested and charged with felony lewd and lascivious battery and was booked into Broward County Jail on Friday. She was later released on $10,000. Bond.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation