By Ryan Yousefi
The Coral Springs Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in piecing together the details surrounding a fatal car crash.
On October 25, at approximately 8:38 pm, a tragic car accident involving two vehicles, a 2002 Ford Mustang and a 2023 Nissan Rogue, occurred near the 11000 block of Wiles Road. The incident resulted in the loss of one life and left another individual in critical condition.
According to a CSPD Facebook post, its officers and the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department responded to the scene after receiving reports of the collision, and emergency responders immediately went to work, attending to the injured parties. At the same time, investigators attempted to find out what led to the collision.
CSPD says upon arrival, the driver of the 2023 Nissan Rogue, whose identity has not been disclosed, was found in critical condition. Paramedics from CSPFD administered life-saving care before transporting the injured individual to a local hospital. As of the latest update, the victim remains in critical but stable condition.
The 2002 Ford Mustang driver did not survive the accident. Authorities pronounced the individual deceased at the scene of the crash.
Preliminary findings from the ongoing investigation suggest that speed may have contributed to the collision. Investigators are working to reconstruct the events leading up to the accident to understand better what occurred.
Officer Stewart of the Coral Springs Police Department leads the investigation and has appealed to the public for any information about the crash. If you witnessed the accident or have details to assist the investigation, CSPD asks that you contact him at 954-346-1276.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft
- Crime & SafetyNovember 30, 2023Man Caught on Surveillance Masturbating Outside Coral Springs Business Plaza
- EventsNovember 30, 2023Celebrate Chanukah with Family Fun in Coral Springs
- EventsNovember 30, 2023The Walk of Coral Springs Annual Toys for Tots Drive Part of Local 10’s Big Bus Toy Express