By: Sharon Aron Baron
The 2020 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts isn’t just arts and crafts. This year they’ll celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Women’s Right to vote.
On Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, The CSFOA will honor the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote with a dance drama by Artistic Director Dr. Debra Weiss, which reenacts a suffragette march called “Votes for Women!”
The production will include dramatic scenes that recap the history of women’s suffrage, several dance numbers, and a tribute to women in public office today.
The Public Storyteller
This year, the festival will also host Caren Schnur Neile, Ph.D., MFA, at the literary workshop on Friday, March 20.
An affiliate professor at Florida Atlantic University specializing in storytelling studies, Dr. Neile is co-host of The Public Storyteller, a weekly segment on public radio WLRN 91.3 FM.
Her latest book shows how Florida boasts mysterious tales that stretch back more than twelve thousand years. Dr. Neile shares myths, legends, and folktales that reflect the diversity of characters and cultures that make Florida such a fascinating place.
The Coral Springs Festival of the Arts attracts 30,000 – 40,000 people from all over the South Florida area each year and will feature a professional juried arts and crafts show with over 200 fine artisans and crafters.
The festival will also share space with Gardenfest Coral Springs, which will showcase a wide variety of beautiful orchids, exotic plants, and many native plants.
The event is held at The Walk of Coral Springs is located at 2600 University Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Coral Springs Gears Up for the 2023 Oktoberfest Extravaganza
- EventsSeptember 29, 2023Coral Springs Police Department’s Humane Unit Hosts Pet Food Drive
- EventsSeptember 27, 2023Sawgrass Nature Center’s ‘Give a Hoot’ Gala Benefits Wildlife Rehabilitation
- EventsSeptember 25, 2023TICKET ALERT: Culinary Delights Meet Fine Vintages at Basser’s 2023 Food & Wine Festival