By: Sharon Aron Baron
The 2020 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts isn’t just arts and crafts. This year they’ll celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Women’s Right to vote.
On Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, The CSFOA will honor the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote with a dance drama by Artistic Director Dr. Debra Weiss, which reenacts a suffragette march called “Votes for Women!”
The production will include dramatic scenes that recap the history of women’s suffrage, several dance numbers, and a tribute to women in public office today.
The Public Storyteller
This year, the festival will also host Caren Schnur Neile, Ph.D., MFA, at the literary workshop on Friday, March 20.
An affiliate professor at Florida Atlantic University specializing in storytelling studies, Dr. Neile is co-host of The Public Storyteller, a weekly segment on public radio WLRN 91.3 FM.
Her latest book shows how Florida boasts mysterious tales that stretch back more than twelve thousand years. Dr. Neile shares myths, legends, and folktales that reflect the diversity of characters and cultures that make Florida such a fascinating place.
The Coral Springs Festival of the Arts attracts 30,000 – 40,000 people from all over the South Florida area each year and will feature a professional juried arts and crafts show with over 200 fine artisans and crafters.
The festival will also share space with Gardenfest Coral Springs, which will showcase a wide variety of beautiful orchids, exotic plants, and many native plants.
The event is held at The Walk of Coral Springs is located at 2600 University Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.14Coral Springs Man Catches Unbelievable Video of Meteor
- News2021.04.14J&J Appointment Canceled? Broward Health has a solution
- News2021.04.13City of Coral Springs Live-Streams 33rd Annual National Day of Prayer