By: Matt Rothman
With the regular season starting to wind down, high school football matchups are starting to heat up in both Parkland and Coral Springs.
This week brings four more highly anticipated games with Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, and Coral Springs Charter.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas
After having their last game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests, the Eagles are set to travel to South Plantation High School on Friday, October 22 at 7 p.m. This year, the Paladins are 1-7, while MSD comes in with three straight losses after starting the season 2-0.
Coral Springs High School
The Colts also postponed their last game but made it up Monday and fell 45-0 to Deerfield Beach High School. With only three days to prepare, CSHS will turn their attention to West Boca Raton Community High School for their matchup on Friday, October 22 at 6 p.m. The Colts are currently 1-5 this season.
Despite earning their third straight victory, Coral Glades hopes to improve their discipline in a conference matchup with Cypress Bay High School. Both teams have combined to win nine games this year and will kick off on Friday, October 22, at 7 p.m. in Weston.
Coral Springs Charter
After suffering their first loss since August 27 against Pine Crest School, Coral Springs Charter will be back on the field this week when they travel to Somerset Academy. The Panthers fell 44-16 in their last game but had previously won five straight. The kickoff is set for Friday, October 22, at 3:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win