By: Matt Rothman
Playing in their first game of the season after winning by forfeit in their opening game, Coral Springs High School baseball team won on a walk-off sacrifice fly.
The game went into extra innings, and Logan Taylor drove in the game-winning run to move the Colts to 2-0 on the season.
“We struggled early but were able to fight back late and tie it and were able to string something together in the eight to win it,” said Head Coach Michael Federman. “It was good to see that our guys kept battling all night and get that first win at home to open the season.”
The Colts trailed by three runs in the bottom of the seventh but were able to tie the game to force extra innings on RBI’s from Michael Phelps and Taylor. Jordan Brown ended up earning the win out of the bullpen after Alex Christmas made the start and pitched five innings.
Up next, Coral Springs will play on Tuesday, February 25, at 4:00 p.m. against Hollywood Hills as they start the season with five straight home games.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013