By: Sharon Aron Baron
For the second year in a row, Coral Springs High School became State champs in their division at the Florida High School Competitive Cheerleading competition held in Tampa over the weekend.
Sponsored by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and led by Coach Annette Goldstein, the Lady Colts won first place in the Class 2A Small Division Non-Tumbling with 81.28 points.
“For the first time in Coral Springs High School history we are going to nationals this weekend in Orlando. There has never been a sport or team from Coral Springs High School to make nationals, and we are the first in history,” said parent Donna DeSanta.
Coral Glades High School earned fourth place with 73.53 points. And not to be left out, Coral Springs Charter School placed second in the Class 1A Small Non-Tumbling Division with 82.9 points.
DeSanta, who’s daughter Alexis began cheerleading at Forest Glen Middle School, is now a senior at Coral Springs High School, said parents of the 18 girls are close and travel to everything.
“I speak for three cheer moms: Kim Brown, Melissa Bakatselos and Donna Desanta. Us moms have been there every step, and our daughters are best friends. As parents we try to help with anything that will support our Coral Springs Cheerleaders.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts