By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in four years, the Coral Springs High School boys volleyball team started the season 3-0.
In their first match on March 1, the Colts picked up a five-set win over Calvary Christian Academy on March 1.
“It was nice to open with a win, but we have a lot of room for improvement,” said Head Coach Frank Bumbales.
The two teams alternated wins for the first four sets. The Colts won 25-20 and 25-13 while Calvary took set two and four 25-23. CSHS then won in five 15-9 to move to 1-0 for the fifth straight season.
CSHS then had a more straightforward win on Wednesday against Coral Springs Charter. The Colts won in three sets and did not allow more than 22 points in any set before winning in four on Friday against Deerfield Beach High School.
Sean Ortiz and Mitch Jean-Mary led the team offensively in their first three matches after Ortiz had 24 kills and 45 assists while Jean Mary had 16 kills and 50 assists.
Daniel Beningo also added 13 kills, and defensively, the Colts recorded 25 blocks, with Mark Saintelus recording a nine. Joel Jobi, Alvin Vo, and Julian Ehrenberg played in all 12 sets, while Connor Moore saw time in 11 and is now tied for third on the team with 13 kills.
The Colts are coming off a season where they went 10-10. Next, they will be in action on Monday, March 7, against Pembroke Pines Charter at 4:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter