By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs will have it’s 2013 Holiday Parade on December 11, featuring The Jetsons as the Grand Marshal.
I understand the theme is “Looking Forward to a Bright Future,” but how many people under 45 have seen The Jetsons.
I grew up watching the show, and was shocked when I found out only a few years ago that there were only 24 episodes made of the original Jetsons. I had no clue I was watching the same episodes over and over, and was fascinated by what the cartoon’s idea of our future would look like. (I’m still waiting for that thingamajig that drops dinner from the ceiling with a push of a button.)
Since the Grand Marshal is The Jetsons, the mayor better be dressed up as George Jetson. Even better, dress the whole commission up. This would make things really fun.
If you would like to attend, there will be over 60 floats, bands and other entries. The parade will be held on on Wednesday, December 11 at 7 p.m with a rain date the next day. These roads will be closed the night of the parade from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. Sample Road west of University Drive and east of NW 110th Avenue, and Coral Springs Drive north of NW 29th Street and south of NW 37th Street.
Before the holiday parade, individuals and families are invited to participate in a Coral Springs Mire Run along Sample Road near Coral Springs Drive at 6:15 p.m. The event is open to runners of all ages and abilities and will be approximately 1.5 miles.
For more information on participating in the 2013 Holiday Parade, call 954-345-2112 or visit www.CoralSprings.org/holidayparade. Participants must pre-register online for $15 per person and are asked to park at the Center for the Arts. Race day registration will be $20.
To find out about becoming a parade volunteer, call Volunteer Services at 954-346-4430.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsMarch 1, 2024Laugh Out Loud with Comedian Ilana Glazer; Broad City Star Heads to Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs