By: Jen Russon
Two days after strangling his wife, a 58-year-old man turned himself in to Coral Springs Police.
On October 6, Julian Antonio Rojas attempted to strangle his wife inside their home in the 8000 block of NW 37th Drive after he accused her of having a boyfriend.
Forcing her into the residence, Rojas also seized her purse and phone, so she could not call the police. He proceeded to strangle and drag his wife through the house until his brother arrived at the scene, thwarting the crime.
With his wife’s phone in hand, Rojas fled the scene after asking his wife and brother to come with him. They told police they refused and stayed at the house, adding Rojas did not return that night.
One day later, the victim gave a sworn statement to police at Holy Cross Hospital, where photographs of arm and neck injuries, consistent with domestic abuse by strangulation, were entered into evidence.
The victim said she and Rojas, who is Colombian, were married 31 years but had recently separated.
In July, she moved back into their Coral Springs home in an attempt to save the marriage, but the pair had been “fighting nonstop” ever since, according to police.
Coral Springs police responded to the Rojas home following his wife’s sworn statement but could not locate him.
On October 8, Rojas turned himself in following repeated calls and voicemails left in Spanish. He was later transported to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office and is being held without bail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2022.01.10J.P. Taravella Kicks Off its Jason Stein Memorial Baseball Field Campaign at Upcoming Game
- News2022.01.07Broward Interim Superintendent Cartwright Answers Pressing Questions at Meet and Chat Event
- Events2021.12.16Coral Springs Community Garden Hosting December Plant Sale
- Events2021.12.156 Coral Springs Girl Scouts Host Garage Sale to Pay for Long-Awaited Georgia Trip