By: Jen Russon
There’s a full moon heading to the Coral Springs Museum of Art with “Moondance”, the annual masterpiece event, which will transform the venue into a dreamy moonscape illuminated by works of art.
Residents can look forward to two events, including Daniel Winn Exhibit: “Metamorphosis – The Beginning” from Saturday, September 29, through Saturday, November 17; including an artist reception, hosted by Winn on October 11 that is free to the public, and a chance for the artist to expound on the existential and surrealistic nature of his work.
A little over two weeks later, Moondance lights up the night on Saturday, October 27, from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. Included will be a signature cocktail, fine wines and the kind of hors-d’oeuvres best tucked into with a grand piano playing, and moon models on the scene. There will be moon-lit dancing under gallery ceilings, decorated with a luminous night in mind.
“Our Masterpiece event supports our regional art museum, educational programs and enchanting art for all to enjoy,” said Museum Director Julia Andrews.
The museum, which features a permanent collection and an extensive sculpture garden, is open to the public and offers classes, programs, events and exhibits for residents of all ages in the Coral Springs, Parkland and Tamarac area. Fundraisers like Moondance help these programs, such as the Healing With Art series, continue to brighten the lives of the people.
In addition to being caught up in the rapture of the museum’s full moon, the staff hope patrons who are not yet members, eclipse their love of art with a love of savings. Those who join at the family membership level ($125 annually) gain access and discounts to more than 800 museums across the country.
To purchase tickets and learn more about this fundraiser, visit MoonDance Tickets. The cost is $50 per person in advance and $60 per person at the door; sponsorships are still available.
“Everyone is invited to come celebrate Masterpiece. Enjoy refreshments and explore the works of many talented artists that we are honored to showcase here,” said Andrews.
The Coral Springs Museum of Art located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- Crime & Safety2021.02.25Coral Springs Resident Behind Safety Town Gets Building Named After Her
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Talk Receives Proclamation From the City
- Crime & Safety2021.02.24$5,000 Reward Offered for Identity of Man Who Set Fire to Coral Springs Home
- Crime & Safety2021.02.22Man Seeks Help Identifying Arsonist Who Targeted Parents’ Home