By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs native Brett Roberts has made a name for himself after one season playing on the Florida State golf team.
Roberts went to St. Thomas Aquinas High School before enrolling at FSU last fall, where he helped lead the Seminoles to the number one seed heading into the NCAA tournament. FSU went on to win their region but fell in the quarterfinals.
At the end of the season, Roberts was one of five players named to the All-Freshman Team and was an honorable member of the Ping All-American Team.
“I couldn’t have been a part of a better team with John Pak and Vincent Norrman,” Roberts said. “It means a lot to earn All-American honors because of all the work that we put in during the fall to prepare for the season.”
Roberts grew up in a family full of athletes. He began playing golf at a young age going to different driving ranges around town. Roberts also played basketball and baseball growing up until he gave it up in middle school to stick with golf. His older brother, Caleb, was recently selected in the fifth round of the 2021 MLB draft.
Roberts says his decision to attend FSU was due to the coaching staff, their ability to develop players to the PGA tour, and the new practice facilities. In his first year in college, Roberts twice shot a season-low 67 (-5) and averaged 71.7 in 31 rounds.
However, Roberts shot a career-low 61 in a Golf Week Tournament in Sandestin, Florida. He also has had a pair of hole-in-ones in completion play in his career. Roberts plans to continue playing for the Seminoles and then hopes to play professionally on tour potentially.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.28Coral Glades Girls Soccer Advances to District Final for 3rd Straight Season
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night