By Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Museum of Art features the “100 Faces of War” traveling exhibition from the Smithsonian which presents the stories of those who served the U.S. in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
“100 Faces of War,” organized in collaboration with artist Matt Mitchell, features 100 oil portraits of Americans representing a cross-section of home states, military branches, jobs, and backgrounds.
Each painting includes a candid, unedited, firsthand account of the war. The statements take many different forms, including emails and letters to loved ones and poems and words written specifically for this exhibition.
The portraits symbolize 100 different and highly personal ways of looking at valor, sacrifice, and the human experience of war.
“100 Faces of War” is an exhibition organized for travel by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES).
Through this exhibition, visitors will come to know the veterans’ courage, fears, warmth, and humanity. More than 2 million Americans have served in the theaters of war in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2001 through 2014.
The museum is inviting groups of no more than six combined adults and kids to reserve 90-minute visits for free admission.
The museum is taking health and safety precautions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, and reservations are required and can be found on their website.
The exhibition is Saturday, October 10, 2020, through December 30, 2020, on Mondays through Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.25Latest Crime Update for Coral Springs Through October 20
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest