By: Jen Russon
Teachers who demonstrate remarkable abilities as educators both inside and outside the classroom are recognized as nominees for the 2021 Teacher of the Year award.
A wide range of full-time educators in Broward County schools are eligible for the award, from classroom teachers to guidance counselors and vocational instructors.
Finalists for the 2021 Caliber Award include 18 teachers from Coral Springs schools, whose digitally recorded classroom presentations are being submitted through November 20 to Carolyn Stewart at the Office of Communications.
Stewart’s staff confirmed a district screening committee would view the presentations and interview finalists in early December.
The following teachers were nominated by faculty and staff at their schools and may be headed to the Teacher of Year roundtable soon.
Coral Glades High
Coral Park Elementary
Coral Springs High
Coral Springs Middle
Coral Springs Pre-K-8 School
Country Hills Elementary
Eagle Ridge Elementary
Forest Glen Middle
Forest Hills Elementary
Emily Ann Conrad
James S. Hunt Elementary
Anne Marie Johnson
Park Springs Elementary
Ramblewood Middle School
Sawgrass Springs Middle
J.P. Taravella High
One Teacher of the Year, selected from hundreds of nominees throughout the county, will be awarded the title for 2021 at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center in January or February.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2021.03.05‘Slice of the Springs’ Answers Questions on Every Resident’s Mind
- News2021.03.04Man Brought Back from Brink of Death by Doctors at Broward Health Coral Springs
- Events2021.02.28‘Taking Care of the Environment Builds a Sense of Community’ Says Former Mayor During Service Project
- Crime & Safety2021.02.25Coral Springs Resident Behind Safety Town Gets Building Named After Her