By Sharon Aron Baron
Events are slowly returning to Coral Springs, and now the city is set to host a free Sunset Country Music Concert to kick off Memorial Day weekend.
Starting with the opening act of country music/pop artist Emily Brooke, the 21-year-old hails from Wellington, Florida. She has opened for nationally- renowned artists like Kelsea Ballerini, Old Dominion, Ryan Hurd, Charles Kelley, Craig Campbell, and Randy Houser.
Brooke was also a Top 24 finalist on American Idol at only 17 years old. Since traveling back and forth to Nashville to write her debut EP with Jamie Floyd, Josh Kerr, Hannah Ellis, and others, she is now a full-time resident of Music City. Her style is “sweet and sassy” with an edge, making a powerful combination in both her writing and her artistry
Also joining the line-up is country music artist Tom Jackson, whose brand of music is described as a new driving, aggressive country likened to a combination of Jason Aldean meets Charlie Daniels.
Other entertainment includes DJ and Line Dancing featuring “NACHO” from the Round-Up, School of Rock performances, and opening act Emily Brooks.
Held Saturday, May 29, 2021, at the Coral Springs Sportsplex at 2575 Sportsplex Drive. POD seating for this event is on a first-come, first-serve basis, prioritizing Coral Springs residents with proof of residency. Gates open at 5 p.m., and the concert starts at 6 p.m. Attendees with proof of residency will receive a voucher to enter the parking area for entry and parking.
“We are excited to resume hosting in-person, family-friendly outdoor events,” said Coral Springs City Manager Frank Babinec. “An outdoor POD concert is a great way to bring our community together for the unofficial kick-off to summer in the safest way possible.”
Concert attendees can purchase food and drinks on-site from multiple local food trucks and an onsite bar. No coolers or lawn chairs are permitted at the event.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.22Ticket Alert: Comedian Steven Wright Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21