Nala and her new big brother Piston playing like old friends
By Sharon Aron Baron
It was a happy tale for one puppy left at Broward County Animal Care who finally found her fur-ever family.
Our weekly contributor Claire Cornish, an animal advocate and board member of Popo Pitbulls Rescue, published a story about a puppy seeking a family. The puppy’s name was Easter, who had big, expressive ears. Unfortunately, she kept getting overlooked at the shelter, so the rescue took her in.
Once her article was published on Coral Springs Talk, Easter’s photo got Michael Brothers’ attention. He showed it to his girlfriend Madison Billisi and said, “This is our dog.”
Madison said, “I could tell in his eyes that he knew she would be perfect for our family.”
They weren’t alone; eight other people saw the article and wanted to adopt Easter as well.
But Michael and Madison were the lucky ones. Claire said not only were they were the first applicants, but they also had another dog — something the puppy needed. Claire said the meet and greet went so well, too; the couple and Piston loved Easter, and Easter loved them.
They renamed her Nala and were happy to see how receptive Piston was to his new little sister.
“He started playing with her like he knew her forever,” said Madison. “Piston doesn’t love all dogs, so when they got along so quickly, we were so happy.”
The couple brought them both straight to the vet at Petco, who was proud of how well they got along as well.
“We are so happy,” said Madison. “We are now a family of four with our perfect fur babies.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration