By: Matt Rothman
The bats were again hot for the Coral Springs High School baseball team following their 12-5 win over Fort Lauderdale High School.
On April 14, junior Daniel Aneja homered and drove in three runs for the Colts, who moved to 6-10 this season. Jason McShane and Shaquille Sala drove in three runs as well. It was also Senior Day for CSHS, which honored Alfredo Lopez, Craig Dumas, and Ethan Wilton.
“I mentioned to them that I wish they were able to have another season and not this be the last season,” said Coach Brown. “No matter what, we will make sure that this season will be memorable.”
Lopez helped fill a big hole in the infield in his first season with the Colts. Although battered by an arm injury, his presence in the lineup and defensively has helped the team immensely. According to Coach Brown, Wilton is a hard-working kid who will do anything he asks. His play has improved, and he comes to work every day to compete. Dumas has been the team leader this year, playing catcher.
“There’s always huge daily expectations that are bestowed upon him, but every day, he comes to work ready and without excuses,” Coach Brown added. “Every day, he is willing to push himself day in and day out to learn and grow.”
Next, the Colts will be in action on Monday, April 18, at 3:45 p.m against McArthur High School. This year, the Mustangs are 10-7 but came into the week with three straight losses.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.28Coral Springs Charter Celebrates a Stellar Year of Athletes with Nine Students Signing Letters of Intent
- News2023.05.2810 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Make Their College Picks
- News2023.05.27Parkridge Christian Academy Set to Host Summer Basketball Camp
- News2023.05.25Coral Glades High School Welcomes in New Athletic Director Howie Schrager