By: Matt Rothman
In his first game as Head Coach, John Brown of the Coral Springs High School baseball team had a win.
Previously coaching at Western High School and J.P. Taravella, Coach Brown replaced Michael Federman, who took a position at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
While it was an uncanny path for Coach Brown to get here, he understands the way things work out and is excited to be here after picking his first win early in the season.
“Continuing to implement how we are going to approach the game day by day will be vital to our success present and future,” Coach Brown said. “Getting the first win doesn’t mean much but it’s a step in the right direction.”
In their opening game, the Colts fell to Nova High School; however, on March 1, they beat Plantation High School 9-4.
— CS Colts Baseball (@CSHS_BSB) March 1, 2022
Alexander Montero pitched six innings allowing three hits and striking out 11. Martin Malik went 3-4 with a double and an RBI.
The Colts fell in their next game against Pompano Beach High. School on March 1, but will be back in action on Friday, March 11, against Deerfield Beach High School at 6:30 p.m.
This year, the Bucks are 4-1 with wins over Northeast, Coconut Creek, Fort Lauderdale, and Highlands Christian High School.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter