By Sharon Aron Baron
In February, the City of Coral Springs will highlight and recognize members of the community throughout Black History Month as a celebration of Black Americans’ achievements.
Residents are invited to nominate an individual or business who has contributed positively to Coral Springs with outstanding service and/or achievement records.
Categories for recognition include educator, public safety personnel, artist, youth under 18 involved in community service, adult contributing to the success of youth, any Black community member, or business.
Those selected to participate will have their photo and feature story on the city’s social media platforms and website during February.
“We are committed to recognizing and honoring the growing diversity of our city’s population,” said Joy Carter, liaison to the Multi-Cultural Committee. “Programs like this one promote appreciation and respect for members of our community who are truly making a difference.”
The deadline to submit a nomination for Black History Month is Tuesday, January 26, at 5 p.m. To learn more about the qualifications or to submit an individual, visit Coralsprings.org/bhm.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Chamber Educates Business Community with 1st Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summit
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch