By: Jill Fox
Beginning Friday, Coral Springs residents must now undergo more restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic after Governor Ron DeSantis issued his latest Stay-at-Home Executive Order.
In Executive Order 20-91, DeSantis directs all residents in Florida to “limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.”
DeSantis’ order states a social gathering in a public space is not an essential activity, and groups of ten people or more are not permitted to assemble in any public area.
However, this does not include religious services conducted in churches, synagogues, and houses of worship. Also, residents are still able to participate in recreational activities consistent with social distancing guidelines, such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming.
Taking care of pets and caring for a loved one or friend are also permitted.
This Executive Order encourages all businesses and organizations to provide delivery, carry-out, or curbside service by orders placed online or by telephone.
DeSantis is also providing targeted, temporary relief to Floridians with residential tenancies with the Mortgage Foreclosure and Eviction Relief Order. He announced the suspension of mortgage foreclosures and evictions related to non-payment of rent for 45 days. This order includes providing additional help and resources for the Department of Economic Opportunity.
The Executive orders will expire on April 30, 2020, unless extended by a subsequent order.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.04.13Coral Glades Student Collects 61 Pairs of Eyeglasses For Those In Need
- Events2021.04.01Coral Springs Medical & Dental Offering Free Dental X-Rays and Exams in April
- News2021.03.27Coral Springs Sergeant At Marjory Stoneman Douglas During Massacre Honored by Florida House
- News2021.03.08Agreement Reached for Heron Bay Golf Club Purchase