By: Sharon Aron Baron
Be one of the first to get Unplugged by attending the inaugural outdoor event in downtown Coral Springs on April 18. All are welcome to attend but you must be over 21 to drink because this event will offer craft beer and wine.
“This is a pretty neat event we’re trying out,” said Commissioner Dan Daley who said he would be attending. “We’re looking to give our residents 21 and older an opportunity to come downtown, hang out, and meet their neighbors.”
So what does Unplugged mean?
Daley says it means getting away from your iPhones, iPads, and other devices and just being with your family and friends.
The event will feature live music by Ancient Sun which was formed in late 2011 in Orlando. Their first full album, which was self-titled, was released in May 2012 and their newest EP “Number One Rule” was released May 2013. Described best as Electric Funk Rock, their energetic and charismatic presence on and off stage will have you ready to dance and leave you wanting more. Since their formation they have been pushing hard; playing all over Florida, up to Tennessee, and back.
Also featuring local band Mouth Tape will be opening. Mouth Tape is from Margate and was formed in November of 2012 and started as an acoustic duo but then added new members changing into “a fully plugged-in, electrified quartet.”
Also included will be life-size games, craft beer from Funky Buddha Brewery, food trucks and live art. It all goes down on Saturday night April 18 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. in Downtown Coral Springs.
The event is free but food and refreshments will be available for purchase. Downtown Coral Springs is located at 9500 W. Sample Road, just west of University Dr.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.10.17Battery, Burglary and Extortion This Week in Coral Springs Crime