By: Sharon Aron Baron
Farewell to the five hour round of golf because GolfBoard says using one of these can dramatically increase the pace-of-play. Besides being fun and agile on the golf course, this new addition to the standard golf cart can shorten the average round to two and a half hours, making it possible to play 36 holes in five hours.
ClubLink’s Heron Bay Golf Club and Woodlands Country Club are among the first golf facilities in the area to offer GolfBoards to their members and guests, which they say they are safe, fun, and easy for everyone to learn. The battery-operated GolfBoard is like a surfboard, however, you can’t tip it over – you turn by leaning. There is room for a golf bag and cupholder, and even enough room for a cooler in the back. The rider can choose a button for low or high speed, and when they release the button, it stops.
These GolfBoard’s are limited, so in order reserve one for your game, it’s best to make a reservation. You’ll also have to watch a five minute video and sign a consent form as well. They’re also an additional premium over the cost of a golf cart because according to Golf Digest, the base price for each starts around $3,995. But, there’s no price on the fun and the nimbleness you’ll get by playing golf in a brand new way. One disadvantage? No place for an umbrella, and of course, no more sitting.
Want to reserve one for your next game? Call 954-975-6244. Want to sign the online waiver? You can do it here Online Waiver.
Heron Bay Golf Club is located at 11801 Heron Bay Blvd. Coral Springs, FL 33076. Map it.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.01City Celebrates 5 Amazing Residents During Women’s History Month
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety