By Jill Fox
Social media regulations affect everyone, but when a principal’s account gets suspended, people wonder why.
A few weeks ago, Coral Glades High School Principal Dr. Mark Kaplan had his Twitter account suspended.
“I’ve never had this kind of issue before, so I am not that familiar with it,” he said.
The principal, who has worked for Broward County Public Schools for half his life, is typically active on social media, posting pictures of school football games and other activities.
Dr. Kaplan explained that in May, he posted a video created by students on his school-related Twitter account celebrating staff appreciation week.
“It was a really nice gesture on the part of our kids,” he said.
Someone apparently made a complaint of a copyright violation from a song that appeared in the video. Twitter identified the post and the violation.
In addition to the post being removed, Dr. Kaplan’s account was suspended. He has since reached out to Twitter for clarification and is currently waiting to hear back.
“I’m hoping they can correct the issue soon because the account simply posted all of the great things going on at Coral Glades.”
Twitter, if you’re reading this — let’s restore our high school principal’s account so we can get updates.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.11.26MSD Eagle Regiment Sells Poinsettias To Raise Money for London Trip
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs Siblings Create Cookbook To Inspire Kids To Eat Healthy
- News2020.11.23Principal Surprises Teacher with ‘Debate Coach of the Year’ Award
- News2020.11.22NutriFlo IV Lounge and Med Spa Brings IV Vitamin Therapy to Coral Springs