By: Matt Rothman
On Friday, the Coral Glades Jaguars roared to victory in Thursday’s Swamp Bowl, while the Colts staged a sensational second-half comeback, and the Panthers faced a tough break, ending their winning streak.
The Colts got their fourth win of the season on Friday during their game against Olympic Heights Community High School Cobras.
They trailed 16-14 at halftime but outscored their opponents 24-8 in the second half to move to 4-3 this year. They will play Boyd H. Anderson in their next game on Friday, October 20, at 7 p.m.
The Panthers’ two-game winning streak ended following their 36-21 loss against Pine Crest School.
Next, CSC will play Pompano Beach High School on Monday, October 16, at 7 p.m. before closing the season against North Broward Prep on Friday, October 20, at 7 p.m.
Those two teams have combined to win three games this year, with the Eagles beating the Panthers 54-32 last season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year