By Ryan Yousefi
A beloved new store known worldwide for its sweetness and charm has debuted in Coral Springs.
Tiger Sugar, a rapidly growing worldwide chain specializing in bubble tea concoctions and delicious creamy treats, has officially opened doors to its newest location in Coral Springs.
Tiger Sugar is located at 2445 University Drive, next to the popular Mainland China Bistro. The store first made its mark in 2017 with its flagship location in Tawain and has quickly gained global recognition for its signature “tiger stripes” brown sugar boba.
Tiger Sugar’s distinctive, visually appealing signature drink comes infused with brown sugar syrup, milk, and tapioca pearls; the result is a rich flavor – precisely that of Taiwan’s distinct black sugar – that has become so beloved the chain has rapidly opened over 50 locations worldwide, including in Tawain, the Philippines, Vietnam, and now, Coral Springs.
The Coral Springs location is the third in Florida, joining Tiger Sugar outposts in Hollywood and Gainesville.
Bubble tea, or as some call it boba tea, depending on where you are, originated in Taiwan in the late 1980s and gradually gained popularity across Asia before making its way to the United States and other parts of the world.
It initially enjoyed niche popularity in the US, particularly on the coasts. However, it has recently experienced a resurgence in demand, driven by a reinvention of the beverage and its social media showstopping look.
Tiger Sugar’s menu includes a variety of tapioca pearl sizes, flavors, and other milk teas and seasonal toppings. The menu also offers 20 flavor variations, including oolong, green, matcha, and black teas. Prices of the drinks are comparable to that of Starbucks, varying from $4.00 to $6.00, or more depending on add-ons.
Currently, customers can order drinks that are part of a limited-edition collaboration with the beloved Japanese icon Hello Kitty, including the Hello Kitty Crush drink that features a blend of sweet strawberry milk cream and boba pearls, served in a limited-edition Hello Kitty-themed cup.
Tiger Sugar Hours:
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday: 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday: 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday: 12 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft
- Crime & SafetyNovember 30, 2023Man Caught on Surveillance Masturbating Outside Coral Springs Business Plaza
- EventsNovember 30, 2023Celebrate Chanukah with Family Fun in Coral Springs
- EventsNovember 30, 2023The Walk of Coral Springs Annual Toys for Tots Drive Part of Local 10’s Big Bus Toy Express