By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball has produced another rising collegiate star after Aidan Minott announced that he would be attending Keiser University in West Palm Beach.
“Being able to officially commit and having the chance to play at the college level has been a dream of mine since I started taking baseball seriously,” said Minott, who graduated in June. “I knew this was the sport I wanted to play, so this means a lot to be able to play college ball.”
Minott played on the varsity team for two years, and despite only having two at-bats as a junior, he had a hit and drove in two runs. Then, as a senior, Minott was a part of the Eagles State Championship run. In only six at-bats, Minott hit a home run and also had a triple. He finished the season with three runs and had a slugging percentage of 1.167.
“Playing for MSD has been a very emotional four years with the tragedy and COVID,” he said. “The team this year was ready to get to work every day. We wanted to be on the field and win games. We knew we had something special going on.”
For 11 years, the Coral Springs native played little league for North Springs and said a big part of his success goes to his family and coaches.
Next, he joins a program at Keiser that went 37-18 in 2021 after making it to the NAIA tournament. They have won 209 games since 2015 and have not had a losing season since 2010.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator