By: Matt Rothman
The decision was based on several reasons: wanting to stay close to home, conversations he had with Coach Pigg, and visiting and meeting the team.
“I like to thank my parents who always supported me in my sports and helped make this possible, McCullum said. “I’d also like to thank Coach Bob and the MSD coaching staff as well as Coach Eddy, Coach Gonzalez, Coach Cam, Coach Frasier, Coach Carr, and Coach Dan.”
He began running track and playing football at Coral Glades in 2019 and won the District Championship in the 800 meters. He went on to States and finished in second place. He returned after the pandemic for one year at MSD, where he shined.
After setting a personal best 1:53:55 in Districts, he ran a 1:53.69 to come in first place in Regionals. Once again, he came in second place in the State Competition, where he broke his time at Districts to set a new personal best. He also finished in second place in the 4 x 400 and third in the 4 x 800.
McCullum will run in the ASUN Conference. UNF sent three players to the NCAA in 2021 after finishing fourth in the conference tournament.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision