By: Matt Rothman
It was an exciting day in girls’ soccer on Tuesday after Krystina Masihy led a group of six seniors to a 4-0 victory over West Broward High School with her second hat-trick of the season.
This happened on senior day — a day where all the seniors are honored and families join them on the field beforehand.
Masihy was joined by seniors Katelyn Gomez, Arielle Hafetz, Kayli Hendry, Shannon McEachern, and Mia Newberg who have been part of Marjory Stoneman Douglas soccer for the past four years, and hope to make it two consecutive years with a District Championship.
With everything they have been through in Parkland, their coach Laura Rountree and the rest of her staff could not be happier for their seniors.
“They obviously have a lot of perseverance. This has given them some real purpose and a family. They just pulled together and supported one another and helped each other.”
The win gives the Eagles their eighth and second consecutive 4-0 victory in their past two games. On Tuesday, Masihy scored all three of her goals within the first 45 minutes of the game, and Molly Conn scored goal number four in the dominating win.
MSD’s final game of the regular season will be on Thursday, January 23, against Cooper City High School. They come in with 11 wins on the season and will be an excellent test for the Eagles before they begin districts.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Matt worked as the assistant sports editor for his school paper, eaglenews.com in college becoming just one of nine students in his graduating class to serve over 1,000 community service hours. His goal is to travel to every Major League Baseball stadium and has been to multiple US Open finals. He hopes to one day to be a beat writer for a professional team.
- Schools2020.02.26J.P Taravella Basketball Makes History Playing in First Regional Semifinals Game
- News2020.02.25Coral Springs High School Baseball Throw No-Hitter in Win over Hollywood Hills
- News2020.02.25Coral Glades Boy’s Volleyball Begin Season with Win
- News2020.02.25Coral Glades Boy’s Tennis Win Second Match of the Season