By: Matt Rothman
It was an exciting day in girls’ soccer on Tuesday after Krystina Masihy led a group of six seniors to a 4-0 victory over West Broward High School with her second hat-trick of the season.
This happened on senior day — a day where all the seniors are honored and families join them on the field beforehand.
Masihy was joined by seniors Katelyn Gomez, Arielle Hafetz, Kayli Hendry, Shannon McEachern, and Mia Newberg who have been part of Marjory Stoneman Douglas soccer for the past four years, and hope to make it two consecutive years with a District Championship.
With everything they have been through in Parkland, their coach Laura Rountree and the rest of her staff could not be happier for their seniors.
“They obviously have a lot of perseverance. This has given them some real purpose and a family. They just pulled together and supported one another and helped each other.”
The win gives the Eagles their eighth and second consecutive 4-0 victory in their past two games. On Tuesday, Masihy scored all three of her goals within the first 45 minutes of the game, and Molly Conn scored goal number four in the dominating win.
MSD’s final game of the regular season will be on Thursday, January 23, against Cooper City High School. They come in with 11 wins on the season and will be an excellent test for the Eagles before they begin districts.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter