By Tim Priester
This year, when setting up the menorah, set up the camera too because Chabad of Coral Springs is creating a video montage and inviting others to participate.
In Hebrew, Chanukah means tradition and begins at sunset on Thursday, December 10. It is an eight-day celebration ending Friday, December 18.
Chanukah commemorates Judah Maccabee and others who drove the Greeks from Jerusalem during the second century B.C.E. The miracle occurred when the Second Temple was being redirected. However, there was only enough sacred oil to keep the menorah’s candles burning for a single day, yet the flames continued for eight nights until new oil was prepared based on rituals.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Prior to moving to Coral Springs and being promoted to a stay-at-home dad of three lovely children, Tim Priester was a TESOL and writing instructor at both the college and elementary school level. His passion for writing has meant being featured in both online and print media.
- News2021.02.10After Neck Injury, Coral Springs Charter Grad Moved to Jackson Memorial for Rehabilitation
- News2021.01.163-Year-Old Dies After Drowning in Coral Springs Pool
- News2020.12.31Coral Springs Center of the Arts Live-Streams ’A Salute to Vienna and Budapest’ Through Jan 3
- News2020.12.29Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber Hosts Economic Symposium