By: Matt Rothman
Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas football player Jack Fris had another terrific season playing college football.
Currently a senior at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania, Fris is still deciding to play one more year due to the new COVID rule that grants players another year of eligibility.
Still, Fris says the opportunity to play college football has meant the world to him.
“To be a part of a team full of people that I consider family, working and competing at such a high level had been an incredible experience,” Fris said. “I have learned so much about myself throughout this process and life lessons that I will carry with me forever.”
During his high school career, Fris, who lives in Coral Springs, played one year with the Eagles before graduating from American Heritage High School in 2018. Then in college, Fris helped Lehigh win ten games during his career playing on the offensive line.
While growing up, Fris was always a big Philadelphia Eagles fan. He then started to play tackle football in fourth grade for the Parkland Rangers and then tried playing again a few years later, which he says was the best decision of his life in eighth grade.
He started playing for the Coral Springs Chargers and played defensive tackle before switching to offense.
“My teammates and friends have always been like a second family to me,” Fris added. The support they’ve provided enabled me to succeed at all levels, which I will forever be grateful for.”
If Fris decides not to play next year in college, he is looking for industrial and systems engineering jobs, especially in e-commerce and supply chains.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator