By: Sharon Aron Baron
Outback Steakhouse, an Australian-inspired casual dining restaurant, has closed one location and opened another, giving the restaurant more visibility along with an updated look.
Since 1990, Outback Steakhouse has been located on Riverside Drive; the new location is now on less than two miles away on 1892 N. University Dr – south of Royal Palm Boulevard.
Elizabeth Watts, Director of Media at Bloomin’ Brands Inc., said the new location is now on the main thoroughfare and increases their visibility in the area.
“The new restaurant also allows us to update our look with a new design and keep our commitment to a contemporary atmosphere for our guests.”
The new restaurant is 7,026 square feet and has a seating capacity for 282 guests. Now with an open ceiling with exposed wooden trusses, the new design will create a very open atmosphere. Contemporary finishes include beautiful Cambria natural stone bars, espresso-stained millwork, reclaimed wood soffits, and iconic Australia décor images such as Uluru (Ayers) Rock. The restaurant consists of energy-efficient LED lighting throughout and features a variety of seating to include booths, tables, and banquette seating, allowing for seating flexibility to accommodate large parties.
Internationally known for award-winning steaks and a wide variety of chicken, ribs, and seafood, Outback Steakhouse also offers crisp salads and freshly made soups and sides. Outback said they are committed to “high-quality food and service, generous portions at a down undervalue in a fun, casual atmosphere” – suggestive of the Australian Outback.
Watts added that team members have already transferred from the former location after dinner service last Thursday night.
1892 N. University Dr
Coral Springs, FL 33071
Monday – Thursday: 11 a,m. – 10 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.30Embrace Your Wild Side at Camp Wild Over Thanksgiving Break
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday